This wonderful silver brooch was designed by Ernest Blyth for the Leicester jewellers George Tarratt. Known as "Cortina" it consists of three separate but fused plates of silver, each plate designed as a number of silver bars of different lengths. the plates have then been assembled to look like a stylised 6 pointed star. The back of the brooch has the facsimile signature "Ernest A Blyth", and has been hallmarked by the Birmingham Assay office for silver and the year 1966 and has the sponsor's mark "GTLd" for George Tarratt and is also stamped "Ivan Tarratt Eng."
Weight: 0lbs 0 5/8ozs - 18gms
Length: 2.21ins - 5.6cms
Width: 2.13ins - 5.4cms
George Tarratt established the company under his name in 1913 and established a reputation for supplying quality silverware.
George's son, Ivan Tarratt, joined the company in 1936 after training with Wilson & Gill in London. He expanded the jewellery and watch lines as well as maintaining the company’s reputation for supplying top quality silverware.
In the 1950s and '60s, Ivan Tarratt worked with leading jewellery designers of the time, Geoffrey Bellamy, Ernest Blyth and Toni Taylor to develop an in-house collection of jewellery which were produced into the late 1970s & early 1980s.
Gain exclusive access to early stock releases, utilise our finder service, receive email updates and much more.
Already a member? LOG INJoin The Scarab Club