This very simple but elegant silver brooch was designed by Ernest Blyth for George Tarratt the Leicester jewellers. Known as "Stella" it comprises an elongated triangular of silver. The back of the brooch has the facsimile signature "Ernest A Blyth" and it is hallmarked by the Birmingham Assay Office for silver and the year 1966 and bears the sponor's mark "GTLd" for George Tarratt. It is also stamped "Ivan Tarratt Eng." in a trefoil type cartouche.
Weight: 0lbs 0.5ozs - 15gms
Diameter: 2.17ins - 5.5cms
George Tarratt established the company under his name in 1913 and established a reputation for supplying quality silverware.
George's son, Ivan Tarratt, joined the company in 1936 after training with Wilson & Gill in London. He expanded the jewellery and watch lines as well as maintaining the company’s reputation for supplying top quality silverware.
In the 1950s and '60s, Ivan Tarratt worked with leading jewellery designers of the time, Geoffrey Bellamy, Ernest Blyth and Toni Taylor to develop an in-house collection of jewellery which were produced into the late 1970s & early 1980s.
Gain exclusive access to early stock releases, utilise our finder service, receive email updates and much more.
Already a member? LOG INJoin The Scarab Club