And yet another stylish and evocative 1926/7 magazine advertisement by Larry Stults featuring a Hupmobile 8 motor vehicle. This one features a couple in the left foreground, the seated woman dressed in a blue dress holding a golf club with a pipe smoking male standing behind her with a strolling couple on the right the woman carrying a golf club and the male dressed in plus fours and carrying a gold bag, with an open topped lime green Hup in the background. This is framed with a chrome slip a cream mount and a chrome frame.
Weight: 3lbs 0.5ozs - 1374.95gms
Length: 18.98ins - 48.2cms
Width: 15.98ins - 40.6cms
The Hupmobile was built from 1909-1940 by the Hupp Motor Company, of Detroit.
The Hupp Motor company was founded by brothers Robert & Louis Hupp in 1908.
The first car (Model 20) was introduced to the public at the Detroit Auto Show in February 1909. The company initially produced 500 vehicles.
Robert Hupp sold his shares in the company which continued to grow so that by 1928 sales reached over 65,000 units but began to decline by the beginning of the 1930s. Hupp could not produce its vehicles in sufficient quantity to keep manufacturing costs low and after a number of attempts to revive interest in their vehicles Hupmobile ceased production in 1939/40.
Gain exclusive access to early stock releases, utilise our finder service, receive email updates and much more.
Already a member? LOG INJoin The Scarab Club